When you suffer a loss as a result of a flooding event, your immediate concern is to limit the damage to your property. Complining a negotiating a claim, whatever its size, is not always as straight forward as you think.
- Examine your insurance cover
- Call your Insurance company
- You may want to call loss assessing experts to handle your claim on your behalf (There are a number of companies who specialise in loss adjusting)
- Call a reputable tradesman to make emergency repairs
- Write down everything that has happened, along with times and dates
- Collect all receipts for emergency work or other remedial repairs
- If your possessions have been damaged, take photographs - it is important evidence. It may not always be practical to keep them.